Priority Research Area Infections
Clinical Infectious Diseases
Mission Projects Funding Techniques Publications Staff
Federal Ministry of Education and Research
Nation-wide Collaborative Network: Pulmonary Tuberculosis – Host and Pathogen Determinants of Resistance and Disease Progression
- WP C: Establishing a biomaterial and databank of culture-proven TB cases in Germany (collaboration with Prof. Dr. Tom Schaberg, Rotenburg, and Popgen, Kiel).
- WP E: Detection and Validation of immunological biomarkers for resistance in the lung of TB patients and healthy controls (collaboration with Prof. Dr. Steffen Stenger, Ulm, and Prof. Dr. Stefan H. E. Kaufmann, Berlin).
- WP G: Use of Interferon- gamma release assay as a predictor for the progression from latent to active tuberculosis in a European cohort (collaboration with PD Dr. Roland Diel, Hamburg, and Dr. Jean Pierre Zellweger, Lausanne).
European Union (Horizon 2020)
- anTBiotic (2017-2021): Tuberculosis: development of antibiotics and of new strategies to promote individual therapies. Partners: Leibniz-Klinik Borstel (Prof. C. Lange), GlaxoSmithKline, Tres Cantos (Spain), Universities of Cape Town and Stellenbosch, South Africa and University of Tromsö, Norway.
Cooperation 'Education and Science in Africa' (Dr. Volkmar Schöllhorn Project').
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
- Analysis of TB case management in the EU and EEA/EFTA countries with special focus on MDR/XDR TB (in collaboration with TBNET).
- Evidence assessment on the use of IGRA testing in diagnosing latent and active tuberculosis (in collaboration with TBNET).
German Lung Foundation
- The influence of CXCL 4 (platelet factor 4)on the immune regulation of Human alveolar macrophages in the coinfection of HIV and Mycobacterium tuberculocis.